Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spring has Sprung!!


I think spring is finally here. It's been a dramatic spring with the ups and downs of the temperature, but that's spring in Utah. One of my favorite parts of spring is the transformation and 'coming to life' of my front yard. When we built our home and viewed the finish result, we realized how plain and standard the front view of the house was. So in my planning of the landscaping, I designed to enhance, (hide) the plainness of our new home. I have so enjoyed each spring as the trees and bushes come in bigger and bolder. The kids love playing throughout the rocks and bushes and with it facing east, we have the shade in front which draws us there most evenings. The landscape is surprisingly very, very little maintenance. There's weed-cover under the soil pep/bark so I pick only a handful of weeds every year. Also, because of the roots maturity, I don't need to water anything. I love my front landscape, I just wish I could say the same about my grass. Other than that, it has turned into the picture I had in my head 7 years ago. I just wanted to share a little of what I take pride in. I'm so grateful for spring and the opportunity for outdoor photo shoots.!!

Which brings me to the next perk of my front yard. The lighting has proved to be perfect for photos. The rocks and bushes also add so much color. Information and schedule coming soon for a mini photo shoot (for kids) in my front yard. It's going to be fun, affordable, and convenient.

3 comments:

suzi said...

Your yard looks beautiful! You deserve some warmer weather...I hope soon.
We are coming on June 13th-the 21st. Let's get together, Cherry Hill sounds great!!!

Candice said...

I've always loved your landscaping. You definitely have a knack for making things beautiful!

Jewels said...

Your yard is incredible!! I am so jealous! We drive by our old house and see how big the trees are and it makes me sad that we started all over...Someday! Austin's 1 year b-day is coming up and I would love to have you take his pics, I will give you a call! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!